The various methods of sharing such social networking,instant messaging,forums,blogs, youtube and even smartphones means audience especially of genres such of horror are freely able to share the opinions, views and ideas to mass audiences. Horror as a genre has a very active following of audiences who pride themselves in having extensive knowledge and experience on the topic.
Research and Planning
- Using the internet extensively helped in gaining insight on the genre of horror, horror conventions, definitions of fear and methods of creating fear.
- Using online encyclopedia wikipedia.com gave me an extensive history into the background of horror and how it was first created and how over the generations its conventions constantly change and challenge the norms.
- By watching other horror trailers on youtube and also watching the television documentry “the perfect scary movie” gave a great insight in what methods create fear and what criteria is needed to create a sucessfull horror film.
- Using programmes such as microsoft word enabled me to create efficient paper form questionnaires and creating charts to visually display my results.These two main pieces of software were very usefull when it came to doing my blog.
- the survey site surveymonkey.com was one the most impressive methods of recieving audience feedback I have used. It modernizes elements of miscroft word with the efficient and simple aspects of the internet.
- Google played a major part in obtaining images of film posters and film magazines which may not of been originally accessable to me without the internet. It offered me a large amount material to create a list of criteria to meet which I would not of been able to access by hand.
- modern technologies greatly influenced the construction and quality of my products.
- Apparatus such as digital cameras were exstensively used to film our trailer and also take camera images for my poster and magazine. We were able to upload these products to a computer by using technology such as card readers and usb cables. This meant all our work was safe and easily accessible and available to adjust and edit.
- For our ancillary texts we used Adobe photoshop cs4 to build our promotional products from scratch. Even though I did find using photoshop fiddely and tedious it is worth the outcome as creates high quality products.
- For our trailer we used Imovie. This programme was very simple and easy to use which turned a usually tedcious process of editing into a more efficient one. However I felt the amount of effects and transitions that were suitable or our product’s genre were very limited and I feel this effected the quality of our work.
- Using software such as Mpegstreamclip enable us to convert music from youtube.com to use in our trailers. This software was very usefull as it was time efficient and allowed us to have access to a wide choice of music.
- Technology played a prime part in gathering audience feedback. Modern technology allowed me to reach mass audiences and determine a tighter focus group.
- As I did with my research I used microsoft word to create feedback questionnaires. Also as I mentioned previously surveymonkey.com played a major part in obtaining my evaluation feedback online.
- Also uploading on sites such as youtube and facebook made my media products globally accessable.
- Technological convergences would also greatly benefit the marketing of my media products. Due to miniturization my media products would be able to be accessed not only by computers but by game consoles and smart phones. This means that the products could then find even more further ways of creating promotional material such as apps for smartphones. The ever evolving technologies of modern society leads to the increase of methods that the media can use to influence and market
- Uploading to youtube also ment that I was able to upload all video footage onto my wordpress blog.
- The high popularity of youtube and its facilities for other users comments meant that further and wider audience feedback was possible to gain.